“The missing ingredient in the development of new therapies is the voice of the patient.” - Elaine Collier
As soon as you begin your wellness journey with us at Brook Lane, you receive access to a dedicated Patient Advocate. Your Patient Advocate provides peace of mind and support in navigating complex healthcare processes. With a Patient Advocate by your side, your voice is heard and your rights are honored. We take a proactive approach to patient care and encourage you to connect with your Patient Advocate at any time during your experience at Brook Lane.
As a patient, you deserve:
- Considerate, respectful and compassionate care
- A safe care environment
- Treatment without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical/mental disability, religion, language, or ability to pay
Please visit the Patient Rights and Responsibilities page for a comprehensive list.
Your Patient Advocate will help you:
- Navigate the healthcare system
- Communicate with your treatment team
- Ensure your individual needs are met
- Explore options
- Investigate delays
- Help expedite tests, treatment, and information
- Understand the hospital billing and insurance process
- Alleviate concerns by listening to what you have to say
- Serve as a resource for ethical issues and advance directives
- Share your patient experience feedback with Brook Lane
Contact your Patient Advocate, Yolanda Smith, by calling 301-733-0331 x1728 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.