Brook Lane’s Pastoral Care Department is committed to providing confidential, faith-based guidance and mental health education for our community.
Our chaplains provide a variety of services including:
- Spiritual guidance (one-on-one or in groups) for Brook Lane clients, patients, residents, and their families
- Weekly Sunday services in Brook Lane’s Chapel
- Articles addressing mental health topics in Pathways, Brook Lane’s newsletter
- Spiritual care services to Brook Lane staff, including regular Bible studies and biweekly online devotionals
Pastoral care is also offered to local faith-based leaders:
- Confidential crisis counseling for local pastors and/or their families experiencing mental health concerns
- Consultations on mental and behavioral health issues
- Assistance with ministering to parishioners who are Brook Lane patients
- Seminars to present area clergy with strategies for engaging in supportive congregational relationships surrounding mental and behavioral health
- Pulpit Supply (preaching or teaching) at local houses of worship as available
We believe emotional crises are occasions for spiritual awaking and can lead to spiritual growth while moving through life’s crisis and transitions.
Every moment is an opportunity to be inspired, or to inspire someone else. Our Director of Pastoral Care shares regular moments of inspiration that aim to encourage a broader perspective and outlook on life. Keep up with his bi-weekly messages here.
“Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. Strength is for service, not status. Each of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, “How can I help?”
Take the First Step
If you are in need of any of the above spiritual services, contact the Director of Pastoral Care at 301-733-0331 x1136 to arrange an appointment/evaluation with one of our chaplains.