Brook Lane is western Maryland’s largest, non-profit mental health system. The main campus in Hagerstown, MD is home to the second largest freestanding psychiatric hospital in Maryland, serving children, adolescents, and adults. Brook Lane provides a residential program for children and adolescents, partial hospitalization services for both adults and children and operates Title 1 special education schools in Washington County and Frederick County. Brook Lane’s three outpatient locations in Hagerstown, Frederick and Cumberland offer psychiatry services and therapy for various ages. The InSTEP program provides outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment options for individuals with substance use treatment needs.
To help individuals improve their emotional and behavioral well-being through education and treatment.
A healthier community strengthened by comprehensive behavioral health services.
Our Guiding Principles
Principles drawn from the life and ministry of Jesus Christ guide our service to the community. These principles are vital to our existence and integrated throughout all levels of the organization.
- Integrity - Serving others in an ethical, honest and sincere manner
- Compassion - Demonstrating concern for others
- Service - Responding to the needs of others ahead of our own
- Stewardship - Using our resources responsibly
- Excellence - Committing to high standards of quality and performance
- Respect - Treating everyone with dignity and worth
Affiliations & Accreditations
Brook Lane is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Maryland Association of Non-public Special Education Facilities
- Maryland Association of Resources for Families and Youth
- Maryland Hospital Association
- The Joint Commission
Brook Lane is a proud member of the Mennonite Health Services Association.