Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) offers intensive, psychotherapeutic treatment in a less restrictive setting than inpatient care. Brook Lane offers this adult day treatment program on the main campus. PHP allows a patient to attend a structured therapeutic program Monday through Friday, during the day, and return home in the evening. The average program is two weeks for many clients. Adults appropriate for PHP include those who may have one or more of the following symptoms:
- At risk of injuring themselves or violence toward others
- Loss of motivation or interest in living
- Anxiety or Depression that is affecting normal daily functioning
- Suffering effects of psychiatric disorders
- Withdrawal from normal work, school or social activities
- Having severe difficulty functioning in daily life
Upon admission to the PHP, individuals receive a thorough assessment of their psychiatric and behavioral needs. Personalized treatment plans may include individual, group, and family therapy as well as medication management. Our multi-disciplinary treatment team meets routinely to review and modify the treatment plans.
Our Multi-disciplinary Treatment Team Includes:
- Board certified psychiatrists
- Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners
- Maryland licensed clinicians
- Psychiatric nurses
- Mental health associates
- Other professionals such as chaplains, dietitians, art therapists, or addictions counselors
Patient education is an important element of the program and focuses on understanding wellness, feelings, self-esteem, social skills, anger management, assertiveness, problem solving, and behavior modification. Group and individual therapy reinforce these educational themes. The program utilizes focus-driven groups to help individuals cope with anxiety, anger management, and issues of daily life.
Patients leave with a plan for continued care. This may involve arranging therapy and medication management appointments and additional community services for the patient.
Take the First Step
Assistance begins by contacting the Intake/Admissions Office at 301-733-0331 x1703 or 800-342-2992. Brook Lane accepts Medicare, Medicaid, and most insurance plans.